This is one of the best tourist destinations in GOA. The connectivity is very good from this beach. Calangute Beach is situated at North Goa. It is popular for its water rides and the beautiful view of the Arabic ocean. From Baga, it takes hardly 7-10 mins to reach there.
There is a big beach market beside the beach. We can get beautiful pieces of jewelry, dresses and also there are few shopping malls as well. Foods fun, shopping, street food, restaurants full of seafood and list goes on. Overall it is a complete package of the well-spent evening.
Now I want to share my experience. As we had a shelter at Baga, we walked away through the beach and reached Calangute Beach. We had fuchka and some snacks. Then we went shopping. We picked up a few dresses there.
We got the prices of bikes which we would need to take the next morning for roaming the town. In Calangute, the bike rates are quite high as this is the main point that connects everywhere. It takes around Rs. 800/- for Pulsar bike, Rs. 1200/- for Royal Enfield and Rs. 500/- for scooty (All the rates are approximate – depending on the season).
Then we had our lunch and went back to our hotel.
How to Reach Calangute Beach
By Train and Bus:
- From Mumbai, it takes around 12 hours to reach Vasco Da Gama Station by train.
- Then from Vasco Da Gama Station, you can take Bus for Panjim. It takes around 1 hour to reach Panjim from there.
- From Panjim, you can get Bus to Calangute Beach. It takes around 1 hour to reach there.
By Bus and car (Totally by Road):
- From Mumbai to Goa distance is 609 km by road, it takes 10 hours approx. By bus, it costs around Rs. 1300/- per head.
- By air, the distance is 435 km and it takes around 1hr 5 mins to reach GOA airport.
- From GOA airport to Calangute you can take hired cars that cost around approx. Rs. 1500/-. It is the best convenient option to reach Calangute beach
- Public buses are also available.